Friday, August 19, 2011

The Little Processor That Could


"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein


Chug chug! Puff puff! Ding dong! Along worked the little Macbook dual core processor. She was sorting out many heavy operations and applications. 

In her CPU usage were all sorts of large percentages. There were Quicktime movies, iTunes music, and the trickiest 3D modeling application there ever was.

But all at once, the little processor choked at the foot of a huge Final Cut Pro render. She could hardly move at all! How would she make it?P

"Please little processor," cried all the other applications, "don't stop now!"

"Oh my," said the little dual core Intel processor. "I'm not very big. And I've never done this big of a Final Cut Pro render before! But I will try!"

So the Macbook processor taxed her 64 bit architecture and pulled and tugged. "I think I can. I think I can," she said.

Slowly, the little processor began to render. "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can." and up the CPU percentages went as she continued to handle all the other applications.

Just as the render reached 85%, the cursor pinwheeled, and the little processor stalled. "Oh no!" she cried. Final Cut Pro failed to respond and the processor had to preform an emergency force quit. The applications derailed, and Paul decided to upgrade to a Macbook Pro.

The End.


The blog post has no moral this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment